The DAT Equipment TE036 is designed to test the automotive electrical system from 12-24 volts, and has the ability to perform several functions including:
- Testing of voltages from 0v to 60v with LCD digital display.
- Green and Red LED for polarity indication. Useful for testing of various signals, switch operations and continuity testing.
- Inbuilt switch to supply positive or negative. Useful for component activation and has an inbuilt circuit breaker for short circuit protection.
- Ignition system testing. Can display the KV of an ignition lead as well as the ignition pulse frequency through capacitive coupling. Useful for quick testing of ignition misfire without having to disconnect or direct probing of the ignition system.
- Peak detection. A technician can set 5 peak detect voltage levels, and when the voltage exceeds the pre-set level an audible alarm will sound. Set level voltages are: 0.5v, 1.0v, 2.0v, 5.0v, 10.0v, 48.0v
The unit is supplied in a strong blow moulded case and comes with:
- 80mm steel extension probe
- 6 meter power supply lead
- Additional 6 meter extension lead
- Alligator clips for connection to battery power supply
- Cigarette socket plug for connection to power supply
- Instruction booklet